Welcome to the Guarantors of Brain.
The Guarantors of Brain is a charity that aims to promote teaching, education and research in neurology and related clinical-academic disciplines. The Charity was founded in 1955 with a body of Guarantors (Trustees) drawn from leading British Neurologists, Psychiatrists, Neurosurgeons, Neurophysiologists and Neuroscientists. The Charity’s current activities include:
- Contributing to the cost for neuroscientists, whether clinical or preclinical, to travel to scientific conferences or meetings, to visit other laboratories and departments, in the UK or abroad.
- Fellowships for trainee neurologists, other clinical scientists and non-clinical post doctoral neuroscientists.
- Financial support for meetings in the UK, of interest to neurological, psychiatric or neuroscience scientists and trainees.
- Support for internationally distinguished academic clinical scientists to visit the UK, for special lectures or short tours.
- Support for events that promote the Public Understanding of Neurology
- Support for Global Health Neurology (from 2017).
For details on these schemes, and how to apply for funding, please see the Grants pages.
Our annual report can be downloaded here.
We work in partnership with the Association of British Neurologists for the Brain Clinical Research Fellowship Scheme
Guarantors of Brain is a UK Registered Charity (264139).